The Lighthouse at Garšskagi
of two lighthouses in the Garšskagi area
of the Reykjanes peninsula in Southwest Iceland, this beacon was constructed
in 1944 and some two decades later the old lighthouses foundations
were strengthened to give it a second role: a bird observatory, since
the abundance of fowl in this area is quite diverse. The lighthouse rises
28 meters high (~92 feet) with a four-way facing rotation lens.